Monday, August 13, 2012

What i have learned, so far.

“Don’t go through life, grow through life.”-Eric Butterworth. A simple quote, a simple concept, but not so simple in doing so. To the extent of my knowledge, growing as your life progresses is not an easy task. Growing physically can be accomplished by everyone but in order to grow mentally, to become wise, one must be able to think in broad perspectives. I may not be the wisest but my experiences are what kept me from being ignorant. Experience is what makes a mistake into a lesson, a lesson that can help one make the change from a child to a man. But once you’re a man how can you continue to grow? The answer is simple, and somewhat contradicting. You don’t. Will you have grown entirely? Probably not, but we’re human so there’s room for error. Growing through life, in a general sense is maturing and shouldn’t be associated with perfection. Growing through life is not only about becoming mature however, but by also becoming a student; a student who is willing to learn a new life lesson every day. Lectures will be presented in the form of others telling him what’s morally correct. Tests are given regularly and will be looked upon later as experiences. Being good they can be seen as a pleasing reminder of a good decision. But if the decision is bad then more than often they will be regretted, which goes back to being a student. The homework would be just a review of what they did bad on the “test” and what other choices could have created a better outcome. Once one is mature enough and is able to look at life through the eyes of a student, that’s when they’re completely grown. It’s easy to go through life. Waking up in the morning, repeating the same routine every other day until next thing you know your life is coming to a bitter end. Not many lessons learned alongside the many regrets made only to find out they haven’t really grown much. As of right now I’m continuing to grow and I’m making an effort to learn as much as I can. Sure I can’t tell someone I know everything, but I can tell them everything I know, which evidently is nothing. Nothing of great importance, yet. Because I’m still young,and I have a lot to learn before I am able to say I have knowledge of growing through life. An idea, and an imagination is all I have in my defense, but that’s all I will need for now.

1 comment:

  1. I like the quote you picked out because it makes a lot of sense and many people should live life thinking like this. It was great reading all the different ways you explained how growing through life actually works. It's not only the physical sense of going through life, but it is also mentally. I also liked a lot how you used the student example when explaining growing because it is a great comparison to real life that I have never actually though about. It was a great quote and great analysis!

    ReplyDelete